Pasadena is now on the summer watering schedule of the Level 2 Water Supply Shortage Plan.
By News Desk
Since the Pasadena City Council implemented the Level 2 Plan in August 2021, residents have saved more than two billion gallons of water, according to Pasadena Water and Power.
Outdoor watering this summer is now limited to two days per week:
- Even-numbered addresses can water on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Odd-numbered addresses can water on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- As trees are also a precious resource; direct hand-watering is the ideal way to keep up tree care and maintenance.
Permanent Water Waste Prohibitions
Pasadena also has Permanent Water Waste Prohibitions in place, which include:
- No watering outdoors between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm, except with a hand-held container or hose with a shut-off nozzle, or for very short periods when adjusting a sprinkler system;
- No watering during and within 48 hours after periods of significant rain;
- No water flow or runoff: Watering or irrigating any lawn, landscape, or other vegetated areas in a manner that causes or allows runoff such that water flows onto adjacent property, non-irrigated areas, private and public walkways, roadways, parking lots, or structures is prohibited; and
- No excessive water flow or runoff onto pavement, gutters, or ditches from watering or irrigating landscapes or vegetation of any kind.
See exemptions and more information at this link.
We hope you appreciated this article. Before you move on, please consider supporting the Colorado Boulevard’s journalism.
Billionaires, hedge fund owners and local imposters have a powerful hold on the information that reaches the public. Colorado Boulevard stands to serve the public interest – not profit motives.
While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and climate crisis while supporting reproductive rights and social justice. We provide a fresh perspective on local politics – one so often missing from so-called ‘local’ journalism.
You can access Colorado Boulevard’s paywall-free journalism because of our unique reader-supported model. People like you, informed readers, keep us independent, beholden to no outside influence, and accessible to everyone.
Please consider supporting Colorado Boulevard today. Thank you. (Click to Support)