There are two candidates running for mayor in Pasadena in the upcoming election in November, Victor Gordo and Terry Tornek.
By Brandon Tran
This article shows the contributions to the election campaign for each candidate since September 27. Previously reported contributions are available here.
Mayor Terry Tornek
This list will show all donations provided to Terry Tornek from September 27 to October 18, 2020 valued at $2,000 or more. He is heavily funded by corporate executives, businesses, wealthy individuals, and managers.
- Daniel James, Pasadena, CA: $2,254.22 (Programmer at GMV Syncromatics).
- Paul P. Rusnak Family Trust, Pasadena, CA: $9,995.00 (Trust).
- Kathryn Hamilton, Pasadena, CA: $2,000 (Systems engineering manager at Northrup Gruman).
- California Pacific Homes Inc., Irvine, CA: $5,000 (Business entity).
- Missak Bauan, Pasadena, CA: $3,000 (owner of MSB Constructors).
- The Business Park of Pasadena, Pasadena, CA: $5,000 (Business entity).
- Lawrence D. Tornek, Coconut Grove, FL: $10,000 (Insurance at WT Scott).
- Integrated Community Options, Inc. 2010, Pasadena, CA: $2,500 (Business entity).
Councilmember Victor Gordo
This list will show all donations provided to Victor Gordo from September 19 to October 18, 2020 valued at $2,000 or more. He is heavily funded by union PACs. Some of his donations were valued under $2,000.
- Pasadena Firefighters Local 809 PAC, Pasadena, CA: $15,000 (ID#: 862327).
- Laborers Pacific Southwest Regional Organizing PAC, Sacramento, CA: $10,000 (ID#: 1358723).
- Southwest Regional Council of Carpenters PAC, Los Angeles, CA: $5000 (ID#: 870169).
- United Nurses Association of California, Long Beach, CA: $5000 (ID#: 1295768).
- California Teamsters Public Affairs Council, Sacramento, CA: $5000 (ID#: 742500).
- Yvonne Navaro, Pasadena, CA: $3000 (Retired).
- V. Manuel Perez for Supervisor 2020, Coachella, CA: $2500 (Politician).
- Michael Williamson, Pasadena, CA: $2,500 (attorney, Buchalter Law Firm).
- Richard Moreno, Redondo Beach, CA: $2,500 (self-employed producer/editor).
- Ralph F. Hurtado, Pasadena, CA: $2,000 (Retired).
- Laborers International Union of North America Local 324 (ID#: 952148), Martinez, CA: $2,000 (union PAC).
More funds are added to both campaigns on a daily basis. You can view changes for them here.
[This article has been updated to include more contributions as of Oct. 18. Oct. 20, 1:58 pm.]
We hope you appreciated this article. Before you move on, please consider supporting the Colorado Boulevard’s journalism.
Billionaires, hedge fund owners and local imposters have a powerful hold on the information that reaches the public. Colorado Boulevard stands to serve the public interest – not profit motives.
While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and climate crisis while supporting reproductive rights and social justice. We provide a fresh perspective on local politics – one so often missing from so-called ‘local’ journalism.
You can access Colorado Boulevard’s paywall-free journalism because of our unique reader-supported model. People like you, informed readers, keep us independent, beholden to no outside influence, and accessible to everyone.
Please consider supporting Colorado Boulevard today. Thank you. (Click to Support)