Colorado Boulevard Network (ColoradoBoulevard.net) welcomes submissions of articles and commentary pieces on any topic for publication in print and online.
– Article/Op-ed submission guidelines
Our guidelines are as follows:
- We do our best to read all submissions promptly and will contact you within three weeks.
- If selected for publication, your piece will be edited, proofread, then posted on our site. Some items will also be published in our print edition.
- Your article/op-ed must be exclusive to ColoradoBoulevard.net, never been published before, and contain no more than 500 words (exceptions per Editor’s discretion).
- A published article cannot be re-published in other publications without prior approval and guidelines. (See Below)*
- If you submit a photo for an article, make sure you submit the raw file, if possible, or a large file. We will edit it. Sometimes an email client may resize the image. We will let you know if that happens and find another way for you to attach it again.
- We need the name of and permission from the person who took the photo. (This process is usually easy if you are the photographer. If the photo was taken by someone else, we will require that individual to contact us from the individual’s email with explicit permission to use the photo. Photographs may be re-posted on our social media sites.
- Include your photo, an email address and a phone number where we can reach you.
- We will send you a copy-edited draft for your final approval. Your email approval will be deemed to be a statement that you have read and accepted our ethics policy.
- You also need to supply us with your one-line bio for inclusion at the end of the article.
*To re-publish a story in its entirety, you must email our Editorial Board for permission. Once permission is granted:
- Original bylines must be included at the top of the story, and marked clearly that it was republished from ColoradoBoulevard.net (e.g.: Writer’s Full Name, CloradoBoulevard.net). A prominent link-back must be included to our site: ColoradoBoulevard.net. Do not alter the story.
– Letter to the Editor
We welcome reader responses to articles and commentaries published by Colorado Boulevard Network (ColoradoBoulevard.net). Our guidelines are as follows:
- All letters to the editor must be exclusive to ColoradoBoulevard.net and no longer than 150 words (exceptions per Editor’s discretion).
- Your letter will be edited for style and space.
- Include the exact headline of the piece to which you are responding, the publication date, your name and your city of residence.
- Also include an email and your phone number where we may reach you.
Click to contact our Editorial Board with any questions, and one of our members will contact you back.
By submitting any content to Colorado Boulevard Network LLC (ColoradoBoulevard.net), you automatically grant Colorado Boulevard Network LLC (ColoradoBoulevard.net) a nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) license to use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, create derivative works of, distribute, transfer or sell any such content, for any purpose, including commercial purposes, without any payment to you, in any type of media or in any form now known or later developed.
In addition, you automatically waive and give up any claim that any use of such content violates any of your rights, including privacy rights, publicity rights, moral rights or any other right, including the right to approve the way Colorado Boulevard Network LLC (ColoradoBoulevard.net) uses such content.
Further, by submitting any content to Colorado Boulevard Network LLC (ColoradoBoulevard.net), you warrant that the material is your original expression, free of plagiarism, and does not violate any copyright, proprietary, contract or personal right of anyone else.