On November 18th, 2020, the South Pasadena City Council approved establishing new water rates with additional increase from the Metropolitan Water District (MWD) and new sewer rates.
By News Desk
The MWD’s change of the wholesale water rate for 2021 is considered as pass-through charge. Here are a few important key notes of the new rates:
- New rates will be effective January 1, 2021.
- South Pasadena residents will see the new rates for January 2021 service on their bills around March or April 2021.
- Water Rates for 2021 will increase by approximately 6.2% for the bi-monthly fixed charge and 8.8% for the volume charge.
- Most single-family residences are served by a 3/4” meters, which are the least expensive sized meters available.
- Sewer rates for 2021 will increase by approximately 4% from current sewer rate.
Current and rates
The current and proposed MWD water and sewer rates are summarized in the attached tables:
> Click for more information on the new water and sewer rates.
We hope you appreciated this article. Before you move on, please consider supporting the Colorado Boulevard’s journalism.
Billionaires, hedge fund owners and local imposters have a powerful hold on the information that reaches the public. Colorado Boulevard stands to serve the public interest – not profit motives.
While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and climate crisis while supporting reproductive rights and social justice. We provide a fresh perspective on local politics – one so often missing from so-called ‘local’ journalism.
You can access Colorado Boulevard’s paywall-free journalism because of our unique reader-supported model. People like you, informed readers, keep us independent, beholden to no outside influence, and accessible to everyone.
Please consider supporting Colorado Boulevard today. Thank you. (Click to Support)