The annual World Naked Bike Ride (WNBR) day is coming to L.A. on Saturday, June 23, 2018.
By Vahe Simonyan
Uninhibited bike lovers all over Southern California will convene for festivities, body-painting and awesomeness at a secret location (will be revealed by June 22). They will hit the road few hours later and, once again, take Los Angeles by storm by spreading their message of alternative fuel transportation, bicycle safety and of course a body positive social acceptance of all people regardless of social status, ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, and gender differences.
Approximate Event Schedule is as follows:
- 10:00 .am.: Registration, preparation and body painting begins.
- 11.00 a.m.: Short 6 mile loop starts.
- 12:00 p.m.: Lunch Break.
- 1:30 p.m.: Afternoon 13 mile loop starts.
- 4:30 p.m.: Afternoon loop ends at stagging area.
- 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.: Clean up and departure.
Location and RSVP
- You can RSVP here.
- Bike rentals are available (ask organizers).
- Find out location and all updates via the WNBR LA Facebook Page (normally the ride location gets posted on the page and website the night before the ride.
- Anyone can volunteer or sponsor an expense contacting the organizers at the Facebook page (their website is no longer active).
- Nudity is optional.
- Nudity is legal.. Specific L.A. Rules for 2018 are found here.
- Being lewd is illegal and will be reported.
Follow us on Instagram
What is WNBR?
World Naked Bike Ride (WNBR) is a global grassroots movement, connected only by their determination to all be naked and ride their bikes on WNBR Day. They ride in celebration and jubilation to deliver a vision of a cleaner, safer, body-positive world to the masses.
Here’s a video from last year’s ride from our Instagram.
Date/Time 06/23/2018 11:00 am - 5:00 pm Location See above
This event will take place 2 days after World Naked Hiking Day!
I hope you appreciated this article. Before you move on, please consider supporting the Colorado Boulevard’s journalism.
Billionaires, hedge fund owners and local imposters have a powerful hold on the information that reaches the public. Colorado Boulevard stands to serve the public interest – not profit motives.
While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and climate crisis while supporting reproductive rights and social justice. We provide a fresh perspective on local politics – one so often missing from so-called ‘local’ journalism.
You can access Colorado Boulevard’s paywall-free journalism because of our unique reader-supported model. People like you, informed readers, keep us independent, beholden to no outside influence, and accessible to everyone.
Please consider supporting Colorado Boulevard today. Thank you. (Click to Support)