Nobody likes to spend more money than necessary.
By Rena Kurlander
We prepared a Rose Parade Parking Guide for your convenience. Share it with friends, loved ones and all the visitors to Pasadena for the Rose Parade.
Although there is usually no street parking allowed in Pasadena between 2:00 am and 6:00 am (except where posted otherwise), there’s a Holiday Overnight Parking Citation Moratorium in effect during the holidays (December 23 through January 2). Vehicles legally parked on the streets of Pasadena during the aforementioned hours and dates will not receive a citation for overnight parking. Be sure to watch for parking signs.
- Overnight parking citations will resume beginning 2:00 am, January 2, 2024.
Our advice is to park on the streets nearby and walk to Colorado Boulevard (just watch out for the temporary “No Parking” signs posted for the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl.)
- Pasadena is a walkable city and most residents are friendly, advising you on where to park and how far your destination is from where you are.
- All parks in Pasadena will be open for picnics, fun and recreation, and no site reservations will be required for the holidays.
- Remember to watch for one-way streets in Downtown Pasadena (Green St., Union St., N. Hudson Ave., etc.)
Metro A Line
Connect to the Metro A Line (formerly known as the Gold Line) towards Azusa to go to the 2024 Rose Parade. The A Line stations closest to the Rose Parade route are:
- Del Mar Station (walk .3 miles north to the parade route on Colorado Boulevard)
- Memorial Park Station (walk .2 miles south to parade route on Colorado Blvd.)
- Lake Station (walk .4 miles south to parade route on Colorado Blvd.)
- Allen Station (walk .4 miles south to parade route on Colorado Blvd.)
There is parking available at many Metro Rail stations. Some lots are paid, some are free — be sure to check this link before arriving at the station.
Metrolink to the Rose Parade for $10
To help attendees travel to Pasadena in time for the start of the Rose Parade, the first Metrolink train on each of their lines will operate a modified schedule to L.A. Union Station where riders may connect to the Metro L Line (Gold), which provides direct service to the parade route. (Read more).
Enjoy your stay in the wonderful city of Pasadena and be safe.
> Plan your trip with Metrolink: Call or text at 800-371-5465 (LINK).
§ § §
More Rose Parade:
We hope you appreciated this article. Before you move on, please consider supporting the Colorado Boulevard’s journalism.
Billionaires, hedge fund owners and local imposters have a powerful hold on the information that reaches the public. Colorado Boulevard stands to serve the public interest – not profit motives.
While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and climate crisis while supporting reproductive rights and social justice. We provide a fresh perspective on local politics – one so often missing from so-called ‘local’ journalism.
You can access Colorado Boulevard’s paywall-free journalism because of our unique reader-supported model. People like you, informed readers, keep us independent, beholden to no outside influence, and accessible to everyone.
Please consider supporting Colorado Boulevard today. Thank you. (Click to Support)