> A Message from ColoradoBoulevard.net:
Effective immediately, we will be tapering down our coverage of closures and concentrate more on uplifting local stories and ways to enrich our well-being, while navigating these difficult times with dignity and civility. We will also up our coverage of the latest science and technology breakthroughs in the fight to conquer COVID-19, while adding nutrition and practical information.
Union Station Homeless Services is seeking the community’s support in order to continue its life-saving programs and help protect its clients, many of whom are vulnerable, aging and have serious health concerns.
By News Desk
There is an urgent need for monetary and/or in-kind donations to support the following items:
- Donations to support our increased staffing needs in our kitchen and bridge housing in lieu of volunteer support
- Donations to support additional food items, including increased breakfast and lunch service for kids who are now home from school, as well as our residents and unaltered neighbors
- Grocery, food and pharmacy gift cards for our many food-insecure clients, who may not have access to their local food banks during this time. Helpful gift cards include Ralphs, Kroger, Vons, Albertsons, Safeway, Smart & Final, Walgreens, CVS, and 7-11.
- Donations to support the purchase of large portable hand-washing stations.
- Disposable utensils, plates, and cups.
- Large hand-sanitizing dispensers with refills.
- Disposable or no touch thermometers.
- Protective masks, gloves and eyewear.
> A full list of needed items is available here.
We hope you appreciated this article. Before you move on, please consider supporting the Colorado Boulevard’s journalism.
Billionaires, hedge fund owners and local imposters have a powerful hold on the information that reaches the public. Colorado Boulevard stands to serve the public interest – not profit motives.
While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and climate crisis while supporting reproductive rights and social justice. We provide a fresh perspective on local politics – one so often missing from so-called ‘local’ journalism.
You can access Colorado Boulevard’s paywall-free journalism because of our unique reader-supported model. People like you, informed readers, keep us independent, beholden to no outside influence, and accessible to everyone.
Please consider supporting Colorado Boulevard today. Thank you. (Click to Support)