Innovate Pasadena announces series of networking, educational, and maker events taking place online October 18–24, 2020.
By Innovate Pasadena
With more than a dozen events being planned by individual collaborators, Connect Week will showcase virtually the wide array of technology, design, science and business/entrepreneurship that takes place in the region.
This year—and going forward—Innovate Pasadena is committed to better representing an innovation ecosystem that is diverse, inclusive, and reflects its surrounding communities. Some of the individuals and companies participating in Connect Week 2020 include:
- Jennifer Chang, founder and managing partner of TechSparks, a collaborative freelancer network for startups and new ventures.
- Jen Diamond, chief organizer of Rails Girls Los Angeles, a program to help encourage more women to pursue career opportunities in technology.
- Raymond Ealy, executive director and founder of STEAM:CODERS, which inspires underrepresented and underserved students and their families to pursue STEAM-based academic and career opportunities.
- Allen Edson, president of the Pasadena Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), serving those denied basic human rights and opportunities.
- Charlie Hodges, an ArtCenter College of Design alumnus and creator of Archamelia, a sustainable, non-gendered toy house designed to encourage creative storytelling.
- Rob McClinton, vice president of Innovate Pasadena and owner of Small World Communications, a web hosting, app development, and online marketing company focused on small businesses.
- Sadhna Rao, outreach lead at Biotech Connection Los Angeles (BCLA), working with emerging scientists and entrepreneurs to grow and diversify biotech in L.A.
- Jaden Yocom, an expert in the ethical use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and a digital marketing specialist at RMDS Lab introducing individuals to data-driven decision making.
From virtual tours and networking opportunities to hackathons and pitch sessions, Connect Week has something for everyone—and attendees can join from the comfort of their own homes.
> To view the full list of #Connect2020 events and for more information, including how to register, visit ConnectPasadena.com.
Innovate Pasadena is a nonprofit community organization dedicated to advancing greater Pasadena as a hub of technology and design innovation.
Edited by Ann Hunnewell
- Pasadena’s Connect Week 2020 Showcases Technology, Design, Science and Business - October 11, 2020
- Making Kids Understand How Computers Work via No-Words Approach - September 17, 2019
- The International Language of Science - June 21, 2019