Pasadena City Hall and many City services will be closed on Monday, Sept. 4, in observance of Labor Day.
By News Desk
Specific closures and exceptions are noted below:
- Pasadena Police and Fire Departments will continue to be staffed for all patrol, jail, fire, paramedic and other emergency services. For life-threatening emergencies, always dial 9-1-1. If you see something, say something. Report suspicious activity to Pasadena Police Department at (626) 744-4241.
- Trash and recycling services will be postponed by one day. Monday pickup will occur on Tuesday; Tuesday pickup on Wednesday; Wednesday pickup on Thursday; Thursday pickup on Friday; and Friday pickup on Saturday. There will be no bulky item pickups on Saturday or Monday.
- The Citizen Service Center will be closed Monday, Sept. 4, and will resume regular hours on Tuesday, Sept. 5.
- The City’s Permit Center will be closed Monday, Sept. 4, but online permitting services are available 24/7 at CityOfPasadena.net/PermitCenterOnline. The Permit Center will resume regular hours on Tuesday, Sept. 5.
- Pasadena Transit bus service and Dial-A-Ride transportation will not operate on Labor Day. Normal service will resume on Tuesday, Sept. 5.
Pasadena residents and businesses experiencing power emergencies should call Pasadena Water and Power (PWP) at (626) 744-4673:
- For water-related emergencies, call (626) 744-4138.
- PWP’s regular Customer Call Center will be closed for the holiday, but customers can access their accounts and pay bills online or by calling (626) 744-4005.
The City’s Municipal Services Payment Center and Parking Office will be closed on Labor Day:
- All parking meters not posted as “No Parking” will be free and time limits will not be enforced.
- Violations for overnight parking, red curb parking, “No Parking” zones, and blocking fire hydrants will continue to be enforced.
- Regular enforcement resumes Tuesday, Sept. 5.
- The Permit Center will be closed on Labor Day but will reopen on Tuesday, Sept. 5, at 8:00 am. Online permitting services are available 24/7.
- All Pasadena Public Libraries will be closed on Sunday and Monday, Sept. 3 and 4, and will return to regular schedules on Tuesday, Sept. 5.
- All recreation and community centers operated by the City’s Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department will be closed on Labor Day.
- Parks will be open for picnics, fun and play. No site reservations are accepted for the holiday.
We wish you a safe holiday weekend.
We hope you appreciated this article. Before you move on, please consider supporting the Colorado Boulevard’s journalism.
Billionaires, hedge fund owners and local imposters have a powerful hold on the information that reaches the public. Colorado Boulevard stands to serve the public interest – not profit motives.
While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and climate crisis while supporting reproductive rights and social justice. We provide a fresh perspective on local politics – one so often missing from so-called ‘local’ journalism.
You can access Colorado Boulevard’s paywall-free journalism because of our unique reader-supported model. People like you, informed readers, keep us independent, beholden to no outside influence, and accessible to everyone.
Please consider supporting Colorado Boulevard today. Thank you. (Click to Support)