The Mt. Lowe Chamber Players will perform a free concert on Sunday, January 14, 2024, at the Altadena Community Church.
By News Desk
Pianist and composer Clara Schumann was one of the greatest piano virtuosos of the Romantic era and had a huge impact on the musical life of the 19th century. She produced a substantial body of work that was largely forgotten until a resurgence in the 1970s.
This program features movements from works premiered by Clara as a pianist as well as her own works.
- Clara Schumann – Romance and Piano Trio in g minor
- Robert Schumann – Piano Quartet
- Brahms – Piano Quartet in g minor
The Mt. Lowe Chamber Players are professional Altadena musicians who perform with area ensembles such as the Los Angeles Philharmonic, LA Chamber Orchestra, LA Opera, Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, Pasadena Symphony, and others:
- Agnes Gottschewski (violin) performs with Long Beach and Pacific Symphony and is an active chamber musician with Camerata Pacifica and Salastina as well as a busy teacher.
- Dmitri Bovaird (viola) has performed with Los Opera since 1998.
- Margaret Edmondson (cello) performs with Long Beach Symphony, Pasadena Symphony, and Los Angeles Master Chorale.
- Kevin Fitz-Gerald (piano) performs and records internationally and is a professor of piano performance at USC.
Admission and parking are free. For further information visit this website.
Mt. Lowe Chamber Players Free Concert January 14, 2024 3:00 pm Location Altadena Community Church 943 East Altadena Drive Altadena, CA 91001
We hope you appreciated this article. Before you move on, please consider supporting the Colorado Boulevard’s journalism.
Billionaires, hedge fund owners and local imposters have a powerful hold on the information that reaches the public. Colorado Boulevard stands to serve the public interest – not profit motives.
While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and climate crisis while supporting reproductive rights and social justice. We provide a fresh perspective on local politics – one so often missing from so-called ‘local’ journalism.
You can access Colorado Boulevard’s paywall-free journalism because of our unique reader-supported model. People like you, informed readers, keep us independent, beholden to no outside influence, and accessible to everyone.
Please consider supporting Colorado Boulevard today. Thank you. (Click to Support)