The annual World Naked Bike Ride (WNBR) day is coming to L.A. this Saturday, June 10, 2017.
By Vahe Simonyan
Uninhibited bike lovers will convene for festivities, body-painting and awesomeness at a secret location, then hit the road few hours later and take Los Angeles by storm by spreading their naked, wheeled message.
Approximate Event Schedule is as follows:
- 10:00 am – Registration, preparation and body painting begins.
- 11.00 am – Short 6 mile loop starts.
- 12:00 pm – Lunch Break.
- 1:30 pm. – Afternoon 13 mile loop starts.
- 4:30 p.m. – Afternoon loop ends at stagging area.
- 5:00 – 6:00 pm Clean up and departure.
What’s new this year?
- Please RSVP here.
- Bike rentals are available. Plan and reserve soon for great discounted prices (you MUST tell the owner that you’re with the World Naked Bike Ride.) Support local businesses willing to support the ride (DTLA Bikes).
- All updates will be via the WNBR LA Facebook Page. The ride location will get posted on the page and website the night before the ride.
- Anyone can volunteer or sponsor an expense by contacting the organizers.
- Nudity is optional.
- Nudity is legal (read rules here). Specific L.A. Rules for 2017 are found here.
- Being lewd is illegal and will be reported.
Follow us on Instagram
What is WNBR?
World Naked Bike Ride (WNBR) is a global grassroots movement, connected only by their determination to all be naked and ride their bikes on WNBR Day. They ride in celebration and jubilation to deliver a vision of a cleaner, safer, body-positive world to the masses.
Here’s a video from last year’s ride from our Instagram.
11:00 am – 5:00 pm
I hope you appreciated this article. Before you move on, please consider supporting the Colorado Boulevard’s journalism.
Billionaires, hedge fund owners and local imposters have a powerful hold on the information that reaches the public. Colorado Boulevard stands to serve the public interest – not profit motives.
While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and climate crisis while supporting reproductive rights and social justice. We provide a fresh perspective on local politics – one so often missing from so-called ‘local’ journalism.
You can access Colorado Boulevard’s paywall-free journalism because of our unique reader-supported model. People like you, informed readers, keep us independent, beholden to no outside influence, and accessible to everyone.
Please consider supporting Colorado Boulevard today. Thank you. (Click to Support)