Innovate Pasadena’s Connect Week 2021, a hybrid version of its annual event series, takes place October 10–17, 2021.
By Events Manager
This year, Innovate Pasadena invites participants to “reconnect” both virtually and in-person for a week-long series of amazing talks, workshops, tours, networking mixers, and more—all created to spur engagement and encourage collaboration among and between some of the city’s most innovative businesses, organizations, and individuals.
Connect Week 2021
Connect Week will showcase the wide array of technology, design, science, and entrepreneurship that takes place in the greater Pasadena region. Some of the individuals and companies participating in Connect Week 2021 include:
- The Alliance for SoCal Innovation will match Series-A startups with venture capital investors through their SoCal Venture Pipeline program.
- ArtCenter College of Design will host its own weeklong series of events focused on creative technology.
- AI.LA (Artificial Intelligence Los Angeles) will engage Dr. Wei Gao and Dr. Tim Mullen in a conversation about machine learning, bioelectronics, and personalized medicine.
- The Institute for Educational Advancement (IEA) will host an open house for families interested in STEAM education (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics) with aerospace engineer and wunderkind Janelle Wellons.
- Executive coach and “deep change” consultant David Shechtman will prep participants for a pandemic reset and help them consider how to evolve their business.
- Btech and e-Credit Union will provide real-world examples to help individuals and companies protect themselves from cyber-attacks.
- The Friday Coffee Meetup will present StartupStarter co-founder Lorel Scott as he reveals his plans for the future of business education in an effort to democratize entrepreneurship.
- Paul Orlando, head of USC’s Incubator, will help participants learn about the ways technological, economic, social, regulatory, and other factors lead to successful startups.
- With no shortage of spectacular restaurants in the greater Pasadena area, the Research Methods and Data Science (RMDS) meetup will help restauranteurs and hospitality experts leverage data analytics to improve performance.
From virtual tours and in-person networking opportunities to hackathons and pitch sessions, Connect Week has something for everyone. To view the full list of #Connect2021 events and for more information, including how to register, visit .
Connect Week is made possible by a network of collaborators who are passionate about connecting with one another and sharing their knowledge with the community. The primary sponsors include the City of Pasadena, Spokeo, ArtCenter College of Design, and Pasadena City College.
Source: Innovate Pasadena
I hope you appreciated this article. Before you move on, please consider supporting the Colorado Boulevard’s journalism.
Billionaires, hedge fund owners and local imposters have a powerful hold on the information that reaches the public. Colorado Boulevard stands to serve the public interest – not profit motives.
While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and climate crisis while supporting reproductive rights and social justice. We provide a fresh perspective on local politics – one so often missing from so-called ‘local’ journalism.
You can access Colorado Boulevard’s paywall-free journalism because of our unique reader-supported model. People like you, informed readers, keep us independent, beholden to no outside influence, and accessible to everyone.
Please consider supporting Colorado Boulevard today. Thank you. (Click to Support)