PASADENA — ColoradoBoulevard.net:
Back-to-school season is here, and the library has just what students need to make it their best year yet!
By News Desk
The Pasadena Public Library has a vast collection of free resources to aid students, ensuring each students have the tools they need to succeed. Visit any of the ten library branches to browse special collections, access computers and Wi-Fi, enjoy educational programs, receive one-on-one assistance from librarians, and more.
The Homeschool collection, located at La Pintoresca Branch Library includes learning equipment that supports homeschool education and curricula: microscope slides, models, maps, and more for check-out.
Computers, Wi-Fi, Chromebooks, and Hotspots
Internet access is only a library card away. All branch locations offer access to computers and free Wi-Fi during business hours. Chromebooks and hotspots are available for checkout, allowing students to access the internet anywhere.
Along with regular weekly storytimes – which foster language acquisition, gross and fine motor skills and encourage socialization – the library offers tutoring assistance programs. The in-person Homework Help program pairs tutors with students to help support their education. Homework Help begins in September, every Monday to Thursday, except September 4 and October 26,
- Hastings Branch Library, 3325 E. Orange Grove Blvd., from 4:00 to 6:00 pm, serving students in kindergarten through fifth grade, and
- La Pintoresca Branch, 1355 N. Raymond Ave., from 3:30 to 5:30 pm, serving students in kindergarten through middle school.
- Brainfuse HelpNow: Live tutors are also available online at any hour of the day. With Brainfuse HelpNow, students are just moments away from connecting with live tutors. They simply select a grade and subject from a drop-down menu, and will be paired with an expert tutor for live help.
Additional online resources are available 24/7 through the library’s our website. The library offers access to several databases on diverse subject matter to aid in school projects, research, tutoring, and more. To learn more browse through the extensive collection at this link. Or search a more refined list under the Student Resources (K–12) tab.
Some noteworthy educational online resources available include:
- ABC Mouse – An online curriculum boasting over 5,000 interactive books, educational games, puzzles, and activities, for learners ages two to seven.
- BritannicaSchool and BritannicaEscolar – English and Spanish digital encyclopedias offer articles, images, videos, audio clips, primary sources, maps, and research tools for elementary, middle, or high school students.
- Brainfuse HelpNow – An online educational aid offering free tutoring, standardized test prep, study tools, and more.
- Learning Express Library – An online collection of practice tests, study aides, and support for job seeking students.
- Teaching Books – A collection of resources that aid readers in connecting with books and enabling deeper insight and understanding of the content.
Pasadena Public Library has a wealth of resources available to ease the transition back to school.
We hope you appreciated this article. Before you move on, please consider supporting the Colorado Boulevard’s journalism.
Billionaires, hedge fund owners and local imposters have a powerful hold on the information that reaches the public. Colorado Boulevard stands to serve the public interest – not profit motives.
While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and climate crisis while supporting reproductive rights and social justice. We provide a fresh perspective on local politics – one so often missing from so-called ‘local’ journalism.
You can access Colorado Boulevard’s paywall-free journalism because of our unique reader-supported model. People like you, informed readers, keep us independent, beholden to no outside influence, and accessible to everyone.
Please consider supporting Colorado Boulevard today. Thank you. (Click to Support)