As knowledge is power, ColoradoBoulevard.net presents the latest in COVID-19 news locally, regionally and nationally.
By News Desk
This article will remain live and updated as needed. Please refresh regularly.
(Click on links below for details).
So much of the news right now is about things outside our control, so we’ve put together a short list of things you can be doing when away from home to help keep yourself and others free from infection: Act as If You’re Asymptomatic When Leaving the House.
From the New York Times:
Packed supermarkets could be the ‘site of the greatest risk to having social distancing work’ according to Dr. John Swartzberg, professor of infectious diseases at the University of California, Berkeley, School of Public Health.
- We don’t want hospitals to be overwhelmed: Stay home.
- Still 108,000 homeless in Los Angeles. Beds and emergency housing are being implemented by the State of California (more info coming soon).
San Gabriel Valley
- South Pasadena Farmers’ Market reopens this coming Thursday.
The latest from the ArtCenter virtual Town Hall: ArtCenter Trying to Figure It Out
- Pasadena Senior Center Establishes Hotline for Emergency Food, Hygiene Products, Warns Against COVID-19 Scams
- What’s Permitted During “Safer At Home” Directive in California?
New, one-stop state website: www.covid19.ca.gov
Los Angeles County is encouraging increased social distancing to prevent community spread. The order asks to not leave home unless obtaining basic necessities (food, medicine, etc.) medical emergencies, or walks in the neighborhood.
Mayor Eric Garcetti said:
This will be a moment when everything changed. The data is crystal clear. We’re at a point where the rate of increase based on the tests that we’re getting back … is the same rate that we see at a place like Italy.
The order goes into effect midnight on Thursday and Friday morning for businesses.
Grocery stores, gas stations, health-care, delivery services and first responders and emergency personnel.
- UCLA cancels its graduation ceremony.
What Restaurants and Small Businesses are open in Pasadena.
What Restaurants and Small Businesses are open in South Pasadena.
Pasadena Latest Adjustments: Transit is free.
List of open restaurants and small businesses in South Pasadena.
First local grocery to offer Senior Hour Shopping is in Altadena.
Congresswoman Chu hosts a free online event with local health officials.
Many Pasadena restaurants are still open for pick-up and/or delivery.
Visit our wild neighbors in the Arroyos.
– How to file for unemployment benefits if you lose your job because of the coronavirus
- As residents stockpile disinfecting wipes and paper towels to clean their homes more often to reduce the risk of coronavirus, California’s state water regulators on Tuesday urged them to keep one thing in mind: Don’t flush them down the toilet.
– Japanese Flu Drug ‘Effective’ Against Coronavirus In Clinical Trials, Chinese Officials Say.
Coronavirus global cases.
- ‘Sleep 8 hours’ to maintain your immune system, doctors say: This 4-step routine can help.
There is a Google Chrome extension that allows you and your friends to watch Netflix together without having to be in the same room:
Netflix Party is a simple-to-use extension that allows people to watch something together.
You can keep an avocado ripe for months. Here’s how:
View this post on Instagram