PASADENA – ColoradoBoulevard.net:
Innovate Pasadena announces Connect Week 2022, taking place October 9–15, 2022.
By News Desk
As a precursor to Connect Week, Innovate Pasadena will host a special edition of Friday Coffee Meetup (FCM) on Friday, October 7, 2022 at 8:30 am. FCM co-organizer Evan Tsang has invited Dr. Aditya Rajagopal, CTO and co-founder of ChromaCode, to talk about the challenges of building and scaling a diagnostic business in the middle of a global pandemic.
During Connect Week, Innovate Pasadena will partner with AI:LA (Artificial Intelligence Los Angeles) to host an amped-up version of its popular Pasadena Tech Happy Hour meetup on Tuesday, October 11 from 6:00–9:00 p.m. at Ixtapa Cantina in Old Pasadena. A monthly event created by software engineer Hermino Garcia, Pasadena Tech Happy Hour provides attendees a casual social environment to meet, network, and discover their next big opportunity. AI:LA founder Todd Terrazas is joining Garcia in organizing the event to maximize networking opportunities, celebrate Connect Week, and salute Pasadena’s innovation community.
Technophiles, designers, scientists, entrepreneurs, and innovators converge during Innovate Pasadena’s connect week:
- The Green Economy Conference, spearheaded by Greg Apodaca, vision holder and CEO of Community 2.0, provides a forum for grassroots organizers and city officials and forward-thinking stakeholders to share innovative climate solutions.
- Allen Edson, president of the Pasadena branch of the NAACP, is collaborating with Innovate Pasadena to host a Tech Crawl in Old Pasadena, inviting attendees to explore tech-related companies and identify potential career opportunities.
- Lynn Foster, chairman of the Caltech Entrepreneurs Forum, will host a seminar on quantum computing.
- Sonya Lee, founder of Genuine+Kind, will take burned-out entrepreneurs on a guided mindfulness and meditation journey.
- Michelle Matthews, the executive director of Arlington Gardens, and Garden Designer Mayita Danos, will encourage attendees to think globally and act locally, with tips on creating climate-appropriate spaces, implementing water-wise gardening and nurturing environmental stewardship.
- Zenobia Millet, proprietor of The Funding Boutique, hosts “Tea, Tech and Tequila,” a virtual and in-person immersive salon, showcasing emerging tech inclusive of women and people of color.
Primary sponsors of Connect Week include the City of Pasadena, Spokeo, ArtCenter College of Design, Pasadena City College, Caelux and Vynyl. Innovate Pasadena is also partnering with Stellar, a streaming and ticketing platform for premium events, to manage attendees for Connect Week.
From virtual tours and in-person networking opportunities to hackathons and pitch sessions, Connect Week has something for everyone. To view the full list of #Connect2022 events, dates, times and locations, as well as how to register, visit connectpasadena.com.
Edited by Ann Hunnewell
We hope you appreciated this article. Before you move on, please consider supporting the Colorado Boulevard’s journalism.
Billionaires, hedge fund owners and local imposters have a powerful hold on the information that reaches the public. Colorado Boulevard stands to serve the public interest – not profit motives.
While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and climate crisis while supporting reproductive rights and social justice. We provide a fresh perspective on local politics – one so often missing from so-called ‘local’ journalism.
You can access Colorado Boulevard’s paywall-free journalism because of our unique reader-supported model. People like you, informed readers, keep us independent, beholden to no outside influence, and accessible to everyone.
Please consider supporting Colorado Boulevard today. Thank you. (Click to Support)