MONTEREY PARK – ColoradoBoulevard.net:
Assemblymember Mike Fong (D-Alhambra) , Chair of the Assembly Higher Education Committee, presented the first Outstanding Educator Awards at East Los Angeles College (ELAC) on August 9.
By News Desk
The awards ceremony highlighted 17 exceptional educators from the 49th Assembly District who have demonstrated a commitment to excellence in education and have made a significant positive impact on the lives of their students. The 49th District includes Alhambra, Arcadia, El Monte, Monterey Park, Rosemead, San Gabriel, San Marino, South Pasadena, and Temple City.
The new Outstanding Educator Awards recognize the many contributions of educators, highlighting their dedication, passion, and tireless efforts to empower and inspire the next generation of leaders. The honorees were nominated by colleagues, students, and members of the public during Teacher Appreciation Week.
“I am honored to present the Inaugural Outstanding Educator Awards to 17 phenomenal educators and extend my deepest gratitude to these remarkable individuals who shape the minds of our future leaders. Their unwavering dedication to excellence in education deserves to be recognized and celebrated,” said Assemblymember Mike Fong.
Dr. Alberto Roman, President of East Los Angeles College, delivered keynote remarks. “Much of what educators do every day may go unnoticed, but they have a profound impact on students. I’m happy that Assemblymember Mike Fong recognizes that impact, and that we were able to celebrate outstanding educators at our beautiful ELAC campus at the start of the new school year,” said Dr. Roman.
- Andrew Ly, Alhambra High School, Alhambra
- Kimberly Feidler, Marguerita Elementary School, Alhambra
- Grace Shahinian, Camino Grove Elementary School, Arcadia
- Janet Busch-Lloyd, Cherrylee Elementary School, El Monte
- Bonnie Yamate, Willard Elementary School, Garvey
- Chuck Diep, Temple Intermediate School, Garvey
- Michael Naka, Garvey Intermediate School, Garvey
- Adrienne Badzey, Barnhart School in San Marino
- Channel Rich, Ramona Convent Secondary School in Alhambra
- Robert Liu, East Los Angeles College, Monterey Park
- Janet Chillingworth, Huntington Middle School, San Marino
- Rosanna Villalobos, San Marino High School, San Marino
- April Wu Chang, Marengo Elementary School, South Pasadena
- Linda Park, Marengo Elementary School, South Pasadena
- Shelley Scanlan, Emperor Elementary School, Temple City
- Wyndelyn Barz, Emperor Elementary School, Temple City
- Marlisse Reina, Oak Intermediate School, Temple City
We hope you appreciated this article. Before you move on, please consider supporting the Colorado Boulevard’s journalism.
Billionaires, hedge fund owners and local imposters have a powerful hold on the information that reaches the public. Colorado Boulevard stands to serve the public interest – not profit motives.
While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and climate crisis while supporting reproductive rights and social justice. We provide a fresh perspective on local politics – one so often missing from so-called ‘local’ journalism.
You can access Colorado Boulevard’s paywall-free journalism because of our unique reader-supported model. People like you, informed readers, keep us independent, beholden to no outside influence, and accessible to everyone.
Please consider supporting Colorado Boulevard today. Thank you. (Click to Support)