At 7:00 pm on Saturday, July 10, the Summer Concert Series will begin in the amphitheater at Farnsworth Park in Altadena!
By Claire Ghantous
This event is sponsored by the Altadena Rotary, as well as the Los Angeles County Parks and Recreation Department and the 5th District Supervisorial Office. They are all very excited for this year’s concert series!
The summer concert series began in 1997, and has since been an annual event, with, of course, the exception of the summer of 2020 due to COVID-19. The series will include a total of eight community concerts on Saturday evening in July or August. Additionally, the Sheriff Support Group of Altadena will host a ninth concert on the Saturday following Labor Day.
- July 10 – The Kings of ’88: Music of Elton John, Billy Joel and Rock n Roll.
- July 17 – Sgt. Pepper: Beatles Tribute Band.
- July 24 – Psychedelic Summer: Woodstock era Tribute.
- July 31 – Flogging Seagulls: 80’s Party Music.
- August 7 – Country Nation: Mix of classic, new and dance music.
- August 14 – Upstream: Reggae, Calypso, Steel Drum.
- August 21 – The Hodads: Beach Music from the 50’s and 80’s.
- August 28 – Gypsy Tribute: Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac Tribute.
- September 11 – The Walking Phoenixes: Johnny Cash Tribute.
We hope you appreciated this article. Before you move on, please consider supporting the Colorado Boulevard’s journalism.
Billionaires, hedge fund owners and local imposters have a powerful hold on the information that reaches the public. Colorado Boulevard stands to serve the public interest – not profit motives.
While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and climate crisis while supporting reproductive rights and social justice. We provide a fresh perspective on local politics – one so often missing from so-called ‘local’ journalism.
You can access Colorado Boulevard’s paywall-free journalism because of our unique reader-supported model. People like you, informed readers, keep us independent, beholden to no outside influence, and accessible to everyone.
Please consider supporting Colorado Boulevard today. Thank you. (Click to Support)