Here’s what you need to make the most of your time while self-isolating.
By News Desk
Online services are available at your local library (and other library networks) for use during this rapidly developing situation.
Use the following services to read ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, and more from your devices at home:
- cloudLibrary: A free cloud-based app that lets you borrow digital content (like ebooks and audiobooks) from a collection of over 140,000 items, shared by 25+ other libraries
- Flipster: A digital magazine newsstand of best-selling magazines you know and love from top publishers on your mobile devices
- enki: An open source eBook Network that gives you access to even more eBooks outside of the Altadena Library District’s collection
- Tumblebooks: An online collection of children’s picture books with animation, sound, music and narration which you can read or have read to you
Spread the word to your friends! If you don’t have a library card, you can sign up for a temporary card number online in order to be able to access online services!
Source: Altadena District Library. Visit their online catalog and click “Register Here” to get a brand new card number from home!
> A message from ColoradoBoulevard.net:
- Please don’t panic.
- Practice social distancing. It will help containing the spread of the virus and won’t overwhelm our health workers.
- Read this article about 10 Reasons Why You Aught NOT to Panic. (#3 is our favorite: “Science is on it, Globally”).
- Keep checking this article for the latest updates.
- Stay safe.
We hope you appreciated this article. Before you move on, please consider supporting the Colorado Boulevard’s journalism.
Billionaires, hedge fund owners and local imposters have a powerful hold on the information that reaches the public. Colorado Boulevard stands to serve the public interest – not profit motives.
While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and climate crisis while supporting reproductive rights and social justice. We provide a fresh perspective on local politics – one so often missing from so-called ‘local’ journalism.
You can access Colorado Boulevard’s paywall-free journalism because of our unique reader-supported model. People like you, informed readers, keep us independent, beholden to no outside influence, and accessible to everyone.
Please consider supporting Colorado Boulevard today. Thank you. (Click to Support)