PASADENA – ColoradoBoulevard.net:
The Pasadena Tournament of Roses announced 18 outstanding equestrian groups to ride in the 135th Rose Parade themed “Celebrating a World of Music.”
By News Desk
Since the start of the Tournament of Roses in 1890, the Equestrian units have played a key role in the Parade and its surrounding festivities. In 2024, they will showcase a variety of horse breeds that entertain and highlight their majesty and poise. Each unit promises a unique blend of skills and dazzling costumes, adding an extra layer of charm to the festivities.
Three units are participating in their first Rose Parade, from horses that square dance to award-winning cowgirls and police horses who bring joy to children’s hospitals.
The Equestrian units make a lasting impression and this fantastic lineup will complement the floats and bands that will journey down Colorado Blvd. on New Year’s Day.
In addition to riding the five-and-a-half mile Rose Parade route on Monday, January 1, 2024, these equestrian groups are invited to take part in Equestfest on Friday, December 29, 2023, at the Los Angeles Equestrian Center. During Equestfest, groups perform their best tricks, drills, dancing and roping skills, and attendees can walk through the stables and meet and greet with the riders and horses.
2024 Rose Parade Equestrian units
- 1st Cavalry Division Horse Cavalry Detachment – Fort Cavazos, Texas
- Arabian Horse Association Versatile Arabians – Greenwood Village, Colorado
- Blue Shadows Mounted Drill Team – Lakeview Terrace, California
- Budweiser Clydesdales – St. Louis, Missouri
- California Cowgirls Drill Team – Wilton, California
- Long Beach Mounted Police & Kings County Sheriff’s Posse – Long Beach, California and Kings County, California
- Los Hermanos Banuelos Charro Team – Altadena, California
- The New Buffalo Soldiers – Shadow Hills, California
- The Norco Cowgirls Rodeo Drill Team – Norco, California
- Orange County Regional Mounted Enforcement Unit/Western State Mounted Officer Association – Orange County, California
- Painted Ladies Rodeo Performers – Sacramento, California
- Scripps Miramar Ranch – San Diego, California
- Silver Spurs Riding Club Quadrille – Kissimmee, Florida
- Smokey Bear’s 80th Birthday Celebration – Washington D.C.
- Spirit of the West Riders – Arcadia, California
- Valley Hunt Club – Pasadena, California
- Victorian Roses Ladies Riding Society – Alpine, California
- United States Marine Corps Mounted Color Guard – Barstow, California
> For a detailed description of each equestrian unit, click here.
We hope you appreciated this article. Before you move on, please consider supporting the Colorado Boulevard’s journalism.
Billionaires, hedge fund owners and local imposters have a powerful hold on the information that reaches the public. Colorado Boulevard stands to serve the public interest – not profit motives.
While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and climate crisis while supporting reproductive rights and social justice. We provide a fresh perspective on local politics – one so often missing from so-called ‘local’ journalism.
You can access Colorado Boulevard’s paywall-free journalism because of our unique reader-supported model. People like you, informed readers, keep us independent, beholden to no outside influence, and accessible to everyone.
Please consider supporting Colorado Boulevard today. Thank you. (Click to Support)