> Looking for the 2022 General Election Recommendations? Click here!
Candidates for Superior Court in Los Angeles County Evaluated by Their Peers (2022 Primary Election).
By News Desk
The Judicial Elections Evaluation Committee (41 highly qualified people) of the L.A. County Bar reported its final evaluations of the candidates for Los Angeles Superior Court offices.
SUPERIOR COURT OFFICE NO. 3
- Frank Amador – Not Qualified
- Hon. Sherilyn Peace Garnett – Exceptionally Well Qualified*
- Tim Reuben – Well Qualified
*Note: Although Hon. Sherilyn Peace Garnett, Office No. 3, is still on the ballot, she has recently been confirmed by the U.S. Senate as a federal district judge. More details below.
SUPERIOR COURT OFFICE NO. 60
- Abby Baron – Well Qualified
- Sharon Ransom – Well Qualified
- Anna Slotky Reitano – Qualified
- Mark Rosenfeld – Not Qualified
- Troy Slaten – Qualified
- Craig Sturm – Not Qualified
SUPERIOR COURT OFFICE NO. 67
- Fernanda Maria Barreto – Well Qualified
- Ryan Dibble – Well Qualified
- Elizabeth Lashley-Haynes – Qualified
SUPERIOR COURT OFFICE NO. 70
- Renee Yolande Chang – Well Qualified
- Randy Fudge – Not Qualified
- Holly L. Hancock – Qualified
- Eric Alfonso Torices – Not Qualified
- Matthew Vodnoy – Qualified
SUPERIOR COURT OFFICE NO. 90
- Leslie Gutierrez – Qualified
- Naser (Nas) Khoury – Not Qualified
- Melissa Lyons – Well Qualified
- Kevin Thomas McGurk – Well Qualified
SUPERIOR COURT OFFICE NO. 116
- Hon. David B. Gelfound – Exceptionally Well Qualified
- Lloyd E. Handler – Qualified
SUPERIOR COURT OFFICE NO. 118
- Melissa Hammond – Well Qualified
- Georgia Huert – Well Qualified
- Keith Koyano – Well Qualified
- Klint McKay – Well Qualified
- Carolyn “Jiyoung” Park – Not Qualified
- Shan Thever – Not Qualified
SUPERIOR COURT OFFICE NO. 151
- Thomas D. Allison – Qualified
- Karen A. Brako – Qualified
- Patrick Hare – Well Qualified
- Richard Quiñones – Qualified S
SUPERIOR COURT OFFICE NO. 156
- Hon. Carol Elswick – Qualified
- Albert Robles – Not Qualified
The 2022 Judicial Elections Evaluation Committee of the Los Angeles County Bar Association respectfully submits this report with the consideration in mind that it will be a source of information for the voters of Los Angeles County and will assist them in selecting qualified and able judicial officers in the forthcoming election.
> Hon. Sherilyn Peace Garnett
On April 27, 2022, the United States Senate confirmed President Joe Biden’s nomination of Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Sherilyn Peace Garnett to serve as a federal district judge for the United States District Court for the Central District of California. Judge Garnett will preside over matters in Los Angeles in the Court’s Western Division.
Compiled by Ann Hunnewell
We hope you appreciated this article. Before you move on, please consider supporting the Colorado Boulevard’s journalism.
Billionaires, hedge fund owners and local imposters have a powerful hold on the information that reaches the public. Colorado Boulevard stands to serve the public interest – not profit motives.
While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and climate crisis while supporting reproductive rights and social justice. We provide a fresh perspective on local politics – one so often missing from so-called ‘local’ journalism.
You can access Colorado Boulevard’s paywall-free journalism because of our unique reader-supported model. People like you, informed readers, keep us independent, beholden to no outside influence, and accessible to everyone.
Please consider supporting Colorado Boulevard today. Thank you. (Click to Support)